Friday, October 24, 2008

What I'm Doin' Over Here

With my hands, I build objects,
With my heart, I forge connections,
All while my mind conjures infinite landscapes.

My words have brought smiles and then destroyed dreams,
I've confused and confounded and contained my own screams, I've chided and cursed, connived and corrected,
I've even cajoled; confessed then connected.

My philosophy is broad and my heart has been wounded,
Crushed in the vise of fear, ignorance and hatred.
Yet my spirit is ever present, guiding me toward goodness,
Define it any way you like.

May these words add to the world; may they express love and soothe and assist us both in our journey toward wholeness. That's all I've ever wanted.

Let me be a conduit. Let my words broaden your world. But let your compassion forgive me when shortcomings trump.

We humans are great creators, whether we express it fully is our own choice. May the Great Creator facilitate our own great creations. And in His own words, I'm sure He said this somewhere, "Let's have some fun here."

1 comment:

  1. I am in awe of the gift of creation. Out of darkness and fear comes joy and understanding. It does all start with connection. I'll always be grateful for ours.

    ReplyDelete